Friday, March 27, 2009

Veggie CSA Update

Hello Veggie CSA Members!

I meant to get an update on here sooner than this, but the days and weeks have been just zooming by lately! Now that we're having a few rain days, I'm getting caught up on my "inside work" list, which includes this blog update.

Spring seems late to appear this year (BRRRR!!!), but we've been planting like crazy nonetheless! Radishes, turnips, kale, collards, lettuce, broccoli, beets, onions, garlic, strawberries, sugar snap peas and potatoes (just to name a few) are all in the ground and growing happily (they'd grow even happier if it was just a bit warmer...) but all is good, and soon we all will be enjoying spring's bounty.

We are planning on the first Veggie CSA delivery to be April 29 (for on-farm and Carrboro folks), April 30 (for RTI folks) and May 2 for Durham Farmers Market folks. If, for some reason, we need to push the first delivery back a week (May 6, 7 & 9), I will let you know at least a week in advance. The only reason I would do this is if we don't have enough veggies ready to go by the end of April, but I'm pretty sure we will.

Soon, I will send out an email to you all, with a bit more information on how our Veggie CSA will work this year (boxes, missed weeks, etc). Until then, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!

No comments: